Hello guys! I don’t have a new book review for this week since I am still reading Strange The Dreamer. So, I decided to do this award tag. Thank you A Couple of B’s for tagging me!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your 11 nominees
Let’s proceed to A Couple of B’s questions for me:
- If you could swap places with any character, who would you pick?
This may come as a surprise but I think I want to swap with Bella Swan. I’m really curious about the lives those old vampires lived in the past. I think I’ll do more interviewing and researching about the vampires and knowing some on a personal level is a good start.
2. On average, how many books do you read and review a month?
I usually read at least 4 books a month max and then a 1 on a bad month.
3. What advice would you give to a new book reviewer?
Just review the books that you genuinely want to read. Don’t be afraid to express your opinions.
4. What is a book you own but you hate the cover of?
I am really not a fan of the cover of Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor that I currently have. I prefer the other simpler version of it, I think that was the UK cover. I have the version on the right.
5. What is one book you will always recommend?
Oh, this is a tough one. I usually consider what the other person’s interest before I recommend them books. In this case, I think I’ll recommend The Shining by Stephen King, or any other book by him. Since he is a well known author, even to those who rarely read, I think it is a decent recommendation.
6. What are the last two books you gave a 5 star rating and why?
Another tough one! I rarely give a 5 star rating to books I read. Based on my Goodreads, the last two books that I gave a 5 star rating was River Monsters: True Stories of the Ones that Didn’t Get Away by Jeremy Wade and A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. Both my favorite books and both rated last 2018. The date in inaccurate though since I read those books way before I decided to create a Goodreads account. Damn, I need to read more!
7. Who is your favorite author?
I think I still like Bob Ong and Philippa Gregory. No new author so far.
8. Kayla has issues with Y.A. literature. What book would you recommend to make her change her mind about the genre?
Hahahaha sorry, but I am not that into Y.A. Literature too. I am slowly reading some and I added more to my TBR. I will update you once I find something that I enjoyed reading.
9. What is your favorite book series?
The Harry Potter series. I’m still looking for a new series to like.
10. How do you get out of a reading slump?
I usually try and deal with the reason why I am on a reading slump. If I’m on my depressive slump, I will focus on my mental health first. If I read the wrong book, I will DNF it and then look for a book that will catch my attention more.
11. Be honest, what is one book you purchased just because of the cover?
Finders Keepers by Stephen King. I really like that book cover. I bought and read it without knowing that it was part of a trilogy!
I honestly don’t know which one of you people already did this but hey! I nominate you! No pressure though.
- What is your go-to book genre?
- What are your other hobbies?
- (Copying this from A Couple of B’s question) What is your favorite book series?
- If you can bring one book to keep you company on a long trip, what book would it be?
- A book or book series you regret reading?
- Your favorite book cover?
- Choose a fictional character you would love to go on a date with.
- Tell us one random fact about yourself.
- Have you ever judged a book by its cover?
- (non-book question) What is your favorite song at the moment?
- (non-book question) What are you passionate about?
Again, Thank you to the wonderful ladies of A Couple of B’s for tagging me! Don’t forget to check out their blog guys.
Thank you so much for reading. Enjoy your weekend! Keep safe!